The former NFL star is charged with the 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd. The trial begins Thursday.
Jared Wickerham / Getty Images
Lloyd's body was found in an industrial park in North Attleborough, Massachusetts, on June 13, 2013. Hernandez was arrested on June 26 and was immediately cut from the Patriots. He has has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.
Pool / Reuters
• 27 years old at his time of death
• Was dating Aaron Hernandez's girlfriend's sister
• Played semipro football with the Boston Bandits
• NFL tight end with the New England Patriots at the time of arrest
• Age 23 at time of his arrest; age 25 at start of his trial.
• Lived in North Attleborough, Massachusetts, with his girlfriend and daughter
• Facing upcoming trial for charges that he was involved in a double homicide — unrelated to the Odin case — that took place in Boston in 2012. (Jurors in the Lloyd trial will not hear information related to the double homicide.)
• Aaron Hernandez's girlfriend at the time of Lloyd's murder; now his fianceé
• Still lives in Hernandez's mansion in North Attleborough with their 2-year-old daughter
• Sister of Shaneah Jenkins, Lloyd's girlfriend
• Charged with perjury for lying during questioning, which prosecutors might drop as part of an immunity deal if she testifies against Hernandez; the deal has been offered, but Jenkins has yet to accept
• Allegedly disposed of the .45-caliber Glock used to kill Odin Lloyd; prosecutors have presented a coded text message from Hernandez to Jenkins
• Sister of Shayanna Jenkins
• Was in a long-distance relationship with Odin Lloyd at his time of death
Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace:
• Were seen with Hernandez at his home, at Lloyd's home, and near the entrance to the scene of the crime the night of Lloyd's murder
• Also arrested and indicted for involvement in the homicide